Thursday, September 9, 2010

Boulder on Fire

So, I got home from class yesterday (after four hours of financial accounting), and I completely forgot to blog. But, I have a good excuse . . . Boulder is on fire! And, my parents who were supposed to arrive in Malibu for a visit today, canceled their trip to, understandably, watch over our house, which in on the fire's perimeter (it doesn't seem to be in imminent danger, but the power's been out for days and they fire's not yet really contained). Needless to say I was too distracted to blog, what with my hometown going up in flames and the disappointment that my parents won't be visiting me.

This is, in terms of material damage, the worst fire in Colorado's history. The photos are incredible–haunting and heartbreaking. Keeping my fingers crossed for rain, cool, and zero wind.

(Photo courtesy of Daily Camera, Greg Cortopassi http://cortoimages.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment